History of Fapmo
Creation of the Fapmo, located in rue Roger Salengro in Outreau – France, by Emile BAHEUX of the Workshops and Shipyards of the Boulonnais. In French, Fonderies et Ateliers de Pompes et Moteurs (Foundries and Workshops of Pumps and Motors) = FAPMO.
The company has various activities : foundry of cast iron and bronze: propeller of boats ; Construction of shipboard equipment for civil and military ships ; Manufacturing of pumps.
From the 1950s to the 1970s
Manufacturing of pumps: pumps for loaded aqueous medium in mines (coal), sugar mills, iron and steel industry and cement plants.
Construction of shipboard equipment for civil and military ships.
A new activity is launched : sampling probes for beet and sugar cane loadings.
From the early 1980s to 2010s
Design and manufacturing of pumps for :
- sugar mills,
- iron and steel industry,
- cement works,
- desalination of sea water,
- national navy,
- sampling probes for beet and sugar cane loads.
Fapmo is proud of its history and focus now on complex pumps where its experiences and technologies are the key for customer happiness. Fapmo constantly improve its skills and knowledge to give the best products.
Even if Fapmo is supplier for most of the French vessels (submarine or surface ships) or others French markets due to its capability to meet high requirements and delivery products of quality, Fapmo has always been a company exporting its products around the world. Fapmo is proud to have the confidence of its Customers in South Korea, UK, USA, Spain, Sweden, Brasil, India, Malaysia, Canada, Australia… whether products are for navy or for nuclear or any others markets.
Fapmo has sold more than 20 000 tailor-made pumps since 1923 and Fapmo is still always manufacturing and developping new pumps for the benefit of our customers.